The African Society in Digital Science
invites you to the 30th anniversary of CARI
African Conference on Research in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics - CARI
Colloque Africain sur la Recherche en Informatique et en Mathématiques Appliquées (CARI)
Tunisia and Cameroon
The African Conference on Research in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics, is the outcome of an international cooperation involving African universities, French research institutes, and international organizations. Occurring once every two years since its first edition held in 1992 (Yaoundé, Cameroon), CARI is more than a scientific gathering, but a dynamic environment for cooperation that brings together African researchers, and decision-makers in the fields of computer science and applied mathematics. The scientific program, which reflects the wealth and diversity of the research carried out on the African continent, places special emphasis on work that can contribute to technological development, environmental awareness and natural resource management.
CARI 2022 is organised under the auspices of ASDS (African Society in Digital Science) in partnership with the Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique (Inria), the Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD), the Centre de coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement (CIRAD), the International Center for Pure and Applied Mathematics (ICPAM/CIMPA) and the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF).
CARI 2022 will be conducted in a mixed format combining face-to-face and online presentations. The sessions will be held face-to-face at three separate sites: Tunis for the applied mathematics sessions and Yaoundé and Dschang for the computer science sessions. All presentations will also be broadcast live on a teleconference platform.
The proceedings will be published as a HAL archive as we did for the previous edition (see https://hal.inria.fr/CARI2020/).
CARI will be preceded by a CIMPA research school (in Tunis) on “Vert Numérique : biologie mathématique et écologie théorique” (https://www.enit-lr.tn/CIMPA2022/) whose courses will also be broadcast live.
All relevant information on the different stages (from the call for papers to access to the virtual conference rooms) will be available on the CARI website (https://www.cari-info.org/).
Important dates :
- Opening submission site: October, 2021
- Submission deadline: January 30, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2022
- Final version: July 01, 2022
- Research School : September 24 – October 03, 2022
- CARI Conference : October 04-07 , 2022
Submitted papers have to be original works of their authors, which moreover are not simultaneously submitted to another conference or journal. CARI accepts papers written in either French or English but strongly encourages authors to write in English. The submitted papers are in PDF and they should conform the template given on CARI website. The limit length of papers is 8 pages to which annexes of a maximal length of 4 pages can be added. These annexes will also be published in the proceedings.
During the selection of papers to CARI conference we will also select some best papers to be included in a special issue of ARIMA journal.
The limit length of papers do not apply to those selected for the special issue. These papers will be quickly reviewed by the Programme Committee before final acceptance for publication in the journal.
There is no inscription fees to the conference. Moreover CARI will provide support to some authors to enable them to present their accepted paper on the following conditions:
- Only members from African institutions, at the time of the conference, are eligible from a financial support.
- Before seeking a support from the CARI an African author should provide a document from his/her institution stating which part of the expense (eventually none) it agrees to take care of.
- A senior researcher (i.e., neither Doctorate or Post-doc.) is not allowed to ask CARI to support both his travel expenses and her sejourn expenses (at least one of these should be supported by other means).
Submit your paper on CARI website: http://www.cari-info.org/
CARI 2020 welcomes and encourages the presentation of methodological contributions in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics. CARI 2020 will provide a forum for students and academic/industrial researchers in order to discuss the most recent trends in Computer Science and Appplied Mathematics and share innovative research directions for Africa. The CARI conference encourages to submit original and unpublished research work. Contributions covering theoretical developments or applications dedicated to African issues are invited. The papers accepted to CARI 2022 will be divided into two tracks (Computer Science and Applied Mathematics) whose topics of interest include but are not limited to the following respective lists:
– Data Management Systems
– Distributed Systems
– Wireless Networks
– Cyber Security
– Safety and Correctness of Systems
– Big Data and Data Science
– Artificial Intelligence
– Machine Learning
– Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
– Decision Making under Uncertainty
– Information Retrieval
– Natural Language Processing
– Semantic Web and Linked Data
– Internet of Things
– Cooperative and User Centric Systems
– Multi-Agent Systems
– Applications: Digital Agriculture, Biomedicine, Smart Cities, e-Government, etc.
– Analysis of Dynamical Systems,
– Numerical Analysis
– Partial Differential Equations
– Optimization, Inverse Problems and Control
– Stochastic Systems,
– Applied Statistics and Probability
– Image and Signal Processing
– Mathematics and Machine Learning
– High Performance Scientific Computation
– Mathematical Modelling
– Mathematical Finance, Actuarial Science and Economy
– Earth Sciences and Environment
– Mathematical Biology, Ecology and Medecine
Tunis for Mathematics sessions and CIMPA School
Yaoundé and Dschang for Computer Science sessions